Losing weight and increasing stamina becomes so much easier with a treadmill. But getting an effective and affordable treadmill for house use has never been easier until the launch of Weslo Cadence r 5.2 treadmill. With a sleek design occupying little space, Weslo Cadence r 5.2 treadmill is a perfect treadmill to buy under $500. A treadmill for home use does not need to be fancy, but it must have all the features to ensure a smooth workout experience.
Treadmill Buying Guide
How to buy a treadmill?
To buy a treadmill, you need to analyze the following factors:
- Budget: Decide your overall budget.
- Features: Consider what options you want in your treadmill, such as heart rate monitors, distance tracker, and so on.
- Space: Determine the overall space you have, whether you will need a folding treadmill or a non-folding one.
- People: Are you going to use it alone or you want it for you and your roommates.
- Usage: Determine whether you want it for simple cardio or intense training.
What should I look for when buying a treadmill?
- Belt size: Ensure that the belt size of the treadmill is a minimum 18 inches long and 48 inches wide. If you are taller than consider buying a 54-inch wide treadmill for running.
- Cushioning: It must be comfortable, shockproof, and should not move with every foot strike.
- Control Panel: Do verify that the treadmill is easier to use.
- Maximum Weight: To get a realistic figure, minus the total weight of the user with 50 pounds. It is important, especially for a person with a heavyweight.
- Incline: Ensure that your treadmill has at least a 10 percent incline.
- Stability: Treadmill should be stable and should not shake while you run, jog, or walk on it.
- Speed: For walking, a 10 MPH treadmill is enough, but for running, you might need a treadmill with a speed of 10 mph and higher.
- 1 large, blue tint LCD window display
- Speed range: 0-10 MPH
- 5 x 7″ (13 x 18 cm) matrix display
- 2 manual position incline
- 6 preset workout programs
- Weight capacity: 250 lbs. (113 kg)
- Dimensions: 65 x 56 x 29″ H (165 x 142 x 74 cm)
- Other features: 1.5 CHP motor, a sleek space-saving design.
- Plugs into a household wall outlet
For the price, so less and design so sleek, Weslo Cadence r 5.2 treadmill is an all in one workout machine supporting both indoor and outdoor workout needs. It’s not only perfect for a single user but for multiple users as well. The running deck has a lighter spring below, giving you a slight jump and flow while you run or jog. The machine has a comfort cell cushioning system that reduces the direct impact on your knees and joints, avoiding any injury or strain due to intense workout. The size of the running belt is 16 inches by 50 inches, giving ample space for jogging and workout. Although the width of the belt is great, length does not support anyone taller than 6 feet. You can actually fall from the treadmill or slip from the machine due to its small length belt.
Weslo Cadence r 5.2 treadmill Motor
The Weslo Cadence r 5.2 treadmill comes with a max motor operating at 2.5 CHP power, allowing you to reach a speed of 10 mph. This speed is sufficient for people looking for a treadmill for running, walking and jogging or even for an intense workout. Also, this speed of motor keeps the belt in a continuous motion without any chocking or overheating issue.
The weight limit of this treadmill is 250 lbs. or 113.3 kg. Its motor is a bit noisy, but given the price and features, this drawback is negligible. You can increase speed on a small interval of 0.1 mph, giving you complete control over how you exercise. Weslo Cadence r 5.2 treadmill is easier to connect by simply connecting it to the power circuit with a 120-volt system. The length of the plug is 76-inches, which makes it easier for you to connect.
However, we suggest connecting it through a surge suppressor to eliminate any sudden electric surge damaging the motor. The best part of this treadmill is that it won’t add a lot of amount on your monthly electricity bill.
Weslo Cadence r 5.2 Treadmill Incline
Incline feature is necessary for intense workouts, and gladly, Weslo Cadence r 5.2 treadmill has an incline mechanism but a manual one. There are two levels of incline, which you can adjust according to your intense workout needs, making it a perfect buy for under $500.
If you are considering a treadmill with automatic incline, then you might want to increase your budget. By folding feet at the deck’s rear, you can give the machine 10 percent incline, giving the machine its two inclines of 0% and 10%. Keeping in mind the maximum speed of 10 mph and incline of 10%, the workout can be pretty much challenging.
The machine’s step-up height is around 18 cm or 7 inches above the floor level. Therefore, you must ensure that your room ceiling must have at least a 9-inch space from your head. However, this treadmill has six workout options, which are not found in any other treadmill given the low price.
Weslo Cadence r 5.2 Treadmill Running
Although it’s a nice small treadmill, it’s not good for running, especially if you have a tall height. When someone is running, they need to stretch their legs completely but given the size of this machine, you cannot run freely. The running surface is only 50-inches disallowing you a full stride. Also, the components are not strong enough to carry out long term running. Therefore, for a full long run, this treadmill is not for you at all.
Weslo Cadence 2 5.2 Treadmill Console Design /Display
The console design of Weslo 5.2 treadmill is simple yet useful for tracking various workouts. You can easily check the number of calories burned, distance, and speed. The track function allows you to track distance for ¼ laps or 400 miles. It’s a fantastic workout treadmill because you can clearly track your workout statistics. It has six workout programs, three for an intense workout, and 3 for weight loss. By selecting any one program, the machine will adjust its speed accordingly, as you walk or run. Through +/- keys, you can quickly adjust the speed from 1 to 10 mph. It also has a magnetic safety key to ensure a safe workout. There are three buttons to start, stop, and pause the workout. If you are a book lover searching for a pleasant experience, there is a lip feature above the LCD display, allowing you to read a book or magazine while you work out. The dashboard has two bottle holders making it easier to have all the necessary stuff closer while working out.
Weslo Cadence r 5.2 Treadmill Assembling
The assembling of Weslo Cadence r 5.2 treadmill is straightforward, taking a maximum of 45 minutes. The running belt, deck, and the motor are already assembled connected to the frame of the front part. For assembling, you need to turn the deck on the other side for fixing the console masts. Once the console masts are connected, then you can connect the handrails and the wires. The package comes with two hex keys, but you will need a pair of needle-nose pliers and screwdriver for complete assembling. It comes with a user manual, making all the assembling process accessible and simpler.
Weslo Cadence r 5.2 Treadmill Maintenance
Although the external body of the machine might need some maintenance, internal parts do not need regular maintenance. But you have to lubricate the belt after some time to ensure smooth running. You don’t have to buy lubricant separately as it comes with the treadmill that can be used up to several times. Also, you must clean belt on regular intervals as dirt, pebbles, sand, and fibers my stuck underneath the machine. In case your treadmill’s belt is damaged after prolonged use, you can easily find a new belt from Amazon with a warranty of one year.
Weslo Cadence r 5.2 Treadmill Warranty
The warranty of Weslo Cadence r 5.2 treadmill is for a lesser duration as compared to other treadmills within the same range. The motor has a 1-year warranty, whereas the warranty for parts and labors is around 90 days.
Weslo Cadence r 5.2 Treadmill Key
Just like any other treadmill, it comes with a magnetic key, which is necessary to be attached for starting the treadmill. The removal of the key immediately stops the machine without any delay, making it a reliable treadmill. In case your key is damaged during the use, you can easily find a spare key on eBay, which is delivered in less than 7 days, depending on your location. The key is attached to the clip, which is attached to your clothes. It is suggested to test the clip by taking a few steps backward. If it is not pulled out from the console, adjust the position of the clip. It is recommended to remove the key from the console while not in use, as it may cause the parts of the treadmill to wear off prematurely.
Weslo Cadence r 5.2 Treadmill Manual
Weslo Cadence r 5.2 Treadmill comes with a user manual that has each, and every detail mentioned making your whole experience phenomenal. In case you have lost the user manual, you can easily view it here.
Weslo Cadence r 5.2 Treadmill Troubleshooting
Although there is a complete section on troubleshooting on the user manual, we offer a small summary for troubleshooting Weslo Cadence r 5.2 treadmill.
Symptom 1: The power does not turn on.
- Ensure that your power cable is plugged into the switchboard through a surge suppressor that is UL-1449 listed as TVSS, i.e., transient voltage surge suppressor [UL suppressed voltage rating = 400v, electric rating= 120v AC and 15 amps].
- Also, ensure that the reset button near the power cord is switched on. If the switch is tripped, then wait for 5 minutes and then reset it.
Symptom 2: The power turns off during use
- Check the power switch if it has tripped. Wait for 5 minutes, then switch it on again.
- Make sure the power cord has not been unplugged from the surge suppressor. If so, please wait for 5 minutes and then plug it again.
- Also, remove the console key and re-insert it after 5 minutes.
- Still, if the treadmill does not turn on, please refer to the user manual.
Symptom 2: Lit console display even after removal of the key
- The console remains in demo mode after the removal of the key. This feature is designed for the in-store display of the treadmill. But if you want to turn off the demo mode, press the STOP button for some seconds. Still, if demo mode continues, press the speed decrease button.
Symptom 3: The waling belt slow while walked on, slips when walked on and or is off-center
- First, ensure that the surge suppressor meets the given specifications.
- Try lubricating the belt as lubrication makes the running of the walking belt smooth.
- Another reason might be an overtightened walking belt, reducing the overall treadmill speed. Using the user manual, readjust the walking belt.
My Weslo Cadence r 5.2 treadmill won’t start?
To turn on your treadmill, please check that your power cable is plugged into the switchboard through a surge suppressor. The surge suppressor must be UL-1449 listed as TVSS, i.e., transient voltage surge suppressor [UL suppressed voltage rating = 400v, electric rating= 120v AC and 15 amps]. Also, ensure that the resent button near the power cord is switched on. If the switch is tripped, then wait for 5 minutes and then reset it.
How to activate Weslo Cadence r 5.2 treadmill?
Once you have assembled the treadmill, switch on the reset button, connect the key, and insert the plugin the surge suppressor. For the manual workout, do not select any work out mode; otherwise, re-insert the key, select your workout mode, and voila, you are ready to shed some weight.
How To Fix Weslo Cadence r 5.2 treadmill stuck on “Hello”?
If your treadmill has stuck on hello, press the start button for at least 30 seconds, not lesser than 30 seconds. After 30 seconds, your machine will reboot again, and hence removing your issue of treadmill stuck on hello.
Weslo Cadence r 5.2 treadmill is perfect for newbies to weight loss and cardio training. Although the makers suggest it for running as well, my analysis, coupled with customer reviews, indicates that it’s not good for running as promised. Although the initial cost is lesser, the upfront maintenance cost makes it pretty much expensive. Overall, the treadmill is a worthwhile investment if you know its overall build and how you will be using it. Given the investment as compared to the cons, this treadmill is totally worth your investment. Also, given the maintenance issue, every machine needs some maintenance. If you want a treadmill for running, you need to consider any other treadmill for your workout needs.